Saturday, March 11, 2017

Massive Post (Part 1)

Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a great weekend! I went to an estate sale (a crazy expensive one), several thrift stores, and an antique mall during the past two days. I have a ton of photos to post, so I'm going to be splitting them up into two parts.

I've been lucky to find some cute lambs. The larger lamb is a Relpo 1961: $3.00 at USA Family Thrift! The medium lamb planter was at the same thrift, for $2.49. And the smallest lamb was .50 cents at an estate sale.

His little ear was broken off, but I super glued it back on. Good as new!

This frog mug was at Goodwill in their coffee mug section for .50 cents. He's marked made in Japan, but I can't make out the actual maker. I like frogs, so I couldn't leave him behind. 

Ribbet!

I found the little chick at an estate sale for practically nothing. It was a fill your bag for $5.00 deal, so I just started cramming in what I could. The bunny is in rough shape, but I knew it was older. I'll try to fix him up. He's missing an eye, but it looks to be only a tiny pink bead. Super glue to the rescue again!

Some Gurley Easter candles. The two yellow bunnies were in a mixed candle bag at USA Family Thrift for .99 cents. The other three I paid a little more for, since they were at an antique mall. I know it's not very thrifty, but I couldn't resist.

 The back of the chenille bunny. Aw, his wittle pink ears. Yes, I meant wittle.

 A June birthday angel, made in Japan. No chips! WOW! $1.99 at the Goodwill.

 And amazing, the wings aren't broken!!

The two tiny critters were in an Easter grab bag for .99 cents. The larger chick is a Knickerbocker plastic toy, and it was only .50 cents. 

Swanky Swigs - all found at an antique mall. The orange ones came in a set of four of the same for only $8.00. I can resell a couple of them. The other two were $3.00 a piece.

Kraft swanky swigs. .50 cents each at Goodwill.

Bartlett Collins Gay Fad clear glass creamer and sugar bowl. I found these both at Goodwill, and strangely enough, on completely separate days! The day that I found the sugar bowl, this random woman would come up to me and pick up items in my basket to look at them. "This is old! My mother had this when I was a little!" "This is an antique. Are you going to buy this??" She did this about five times. I patiently let her do it, but.... DON'T TOUCH MY STUFFS!! Geez!

 I found this poodle hankie for .69 cents at the American Council for the Blind. It's too cute!



See? Cute!

Frisky the Pony has joined the Diamond Pottery Co. family! I have Balky the Donkey and Milky the Cow. I also have a smaller, brown Frisky. He was .99 cents at Goodwill. I saw him at the antique mall today for $15.00!

I love vintage kitchen tools. These all came from various Goodwills and were .99 each. I love the ice cream scooper with the red Bakelite handle! The green handled whet stone is pretty interesting too.

More kitchen tools. A corkscrew bottle opener that my dad found, a nifty little wire egg scoop, and a metal Pyrex sauce pan handle. 

And some utensils too. The first spoon is an old Army spoon. I love the spoons with the starburst pattern and buy them whenever I see them. The last two spoons are silver. 

A sweet little dutch girl planter. I found her today at Goodwill for $1.99. Lately I'm into dutch related items - tulips, Delft, and windmills. I saw her at the antique mall today for $22.00!!


I found this old postcard at Goodwill for .50 cents. Very pretty.


This knee-hugger elf/Noel bell hanging item was at the crazy expensive estate sale. This particular estate sale company always jacks the prices up for their sales, and unfortuately, they always seem to host the mid-century sales that I love. It was... $8.00. Ugh, it kills me to have to pay that much, but it was so damned cute. I have about 5 other similar Noel decorations too! I had to reglue the 'N' because the foil was all crinkled. See? Paying all that money to have to D.I.Y. things. So unfair!

This isn't vintage, but I really liked the vintage kitchen theme. It was .50 cents at a thrift.

I love those metal recipe boxes with the graphics! I bought the pink one at Goodwill for .99 cents, and the red one at the crazy expensive estate sale for $5.00. I guess that wasn't too bad, because, it's full of old recipes. I got the diet scale at that estate sale that had the $5.00 fill a bag deal.

Really neat graphics.

This sassy little cow is a salt/pepper shaker. She was all alone without a friend in sight. I couldn't resist those eyelashes, so I adopted her for $3.00 at an antique mall. 

Sassy, but sweet!

My recent Delft acquisitions. Just in time for Spring! Most of these items were $2.00 or less. The Delft vase it my favorite find.

This is Hubert the Lion. He's a Lefton bank. I paid $1.99 for him at Goodwill - aren't those little spectacles adorable??

A hungry yellow pottery fishy. Cute bird salt and pepper shakers.

They are really cute.. but I wish they were Lefton bluebirds instead. ;-)

I've found several miniatures over the past month. This trio of bone china deers miraculously survived a hectic estate sale I went to a couple of weeks ago. The ladies at check out were grouping handfuls of breakable items together and wrapping them in a clacking, clinking, scary paper ball of madness. Yikes!

Scottie dogs, a kitten, a skunk, and a monkey. I bought a plastic baggie of minatures at Goodwill yesterday and dropped it right before I checked out. Of course the cutest item had to break - the deer. The head and both ears were severed, but I super glued it back together! There's a small area on the back of the neck where a tiny broken shard didn't fit perfectly, but otherwise... it's ALLLLIVE!

That mouse has some serious attitude! I love the owls. Of course, I love the deer. But most of all I love the little angel girl! She's so tiny!

Some random Native American items. The middle one was $2.00 at an estate sale, and it was in the garage, of all places. I thought it was kinda cool, so I bought it. The other teepee is a souvenir from Buckhorn, Canada.

He's ready for some action!

Peekaboo!

A Hazel Atlas green glass measuring cup with three spouts. $4.00 at an estate sale - the lady would not budge on the price. Don't you just hate it when your offer is shot down? Oh well. It's really pretty, and it's in great shape.

I love seeing that H.A. logo.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment