Friday, July 1, 2016

Happy (prelude to) Fourth of July!

Just a quick little postie before the holiday weekend. I'm off for the week, so I most likely won't get around to posting until the week of the 11th. Have a great Fourth of July weekend!

I bought this yellow metal cabinet for $5.00 at a rummage sale. I plan on painting it pink. I'm also looking for vintage magnets to decorate it a bit.

As you can see, I promptly started cramming it full of junk. The soda at the bottom is just to weigh the cabinet down since my basement floor isn't level. I'm going to ultimately use this as a storage area for my vintage linens.

Cute Santa I got for .25 cents. The woman I bought it from said it was her mother's Christmas junk. I also bought the mercury glass ornaments at that sale; also .25 cents!

 I love vintage Christmas wrapping thingamabobs.

Really pretty tablecloth I got today at a vintage rummage sale. It was originally $3.00, but I offered $1.50 since there is a hole in it that was patched with white fabric - nothing too bad though - at least no horrible, evil yellow staining. Offer accepted. ;-)

I bought these adorable plastic Easter toys/candy cups at a rummage for $5.00 (didn't seem very thrifty to spend that much). But I think it was well worth it, since I always see them at antique malls for crazy money.

Libbey circus-themed frosted ice tea glasses. The set came with two giraffes, one seal/girl, and two strong men. I'm missing a ringmaster, a lion/monkey, an elephant, a clown, and a boxing kangaroo. Hopefully they turn up one of these days, because I really love circus stuff. 

Paper coasters. I love the advertising, "Protect your furniture. COLORFUL, ABSORBENT."

I found this cute deer at Goodwill for .50 cents. Made in Japan, soft rubber/plastic.

 My newest obession: vintage plastic clothespins!

Brass owl. I got it for .50 cents. It's made in Japan and also used as an...

..incense burner! The smoke comes through the eyes, which is a little creepy. I think it will look great in my Halloween display this year. So many owls from the 50s-70s look cheesy, but I think this one looks more realistic.

Cake decorations. Pink birdies.

 Turkeys!

 Lions, and camels, and monkeys, and elephants.. OH MY!

Ballerinas

 St. Patrick's Day. 

Birthdays, Valentine's Day, Father's Day, and Best wishes.

 Old wooden animals.

 
I found this nifty set of plastic cookie cutters from 1956. Everything from Tom and Jerry, to holidays, to donkeys and kitties... Now I have to bake some cookies! The entire set was $6.00 - originally $10.00.
 
 

 Vintage paper baby shower table cover.


 Vintage postcards.

I love the Easter ones. I tried to win a huge lot of them on Ebay, but it got too pricey. I'm not a very good Ebay-er. I got all these postcards for $2.00 at a garage sale.






 Milwaukee, WI in 1909! I can't even picture that in my head.

Finally, I got this trio of misfits. Stuffed sawdust animal dolls, made in Japan. I couldn't resist their sweet faces - especially those little red tongues.


 
Have a safe and Happy 4th everyone! Happy thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment