Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Introduction

Hello all. My name is Jenny (aka pirateystripes) and I'm a Wisconsin resident who happens to be obsessed with thrift stores, rummage and estate sales, and flea markets. I look for vintage items to add to my hoard of treasure. I decided to make this blog to post about my good (and bad) thrifting adventures, and to share my finds. I usually stop by the local thrift stores every weekend, so hopefully I will post at least a few times weekly. 

Here are some items I've found recently:

 Bunny girls (made in Japan) found at an antique mall. I guess there's a blue one too! :(

 Froggy. Found at Goodwill for .99.

 Ceramic critters (made in Japan - Napco). Found at Goodwill - $1.99 for the set.

 I love these angels! February will look marvelous in my Valentine's Day set up! Found her at Goodwill in Antigo, WI for $4.99 - a little pricey for my cheapskate tastes, but I had to have it.

 Wondermold napkin holder.

 Hazel Atlas kitchen gadgets. Not in the best shape, but they are still functional and cute.

 I've been finding a lot of Depression Era glass lately. Various thrifts, different prices. The yellow bowl was $6.00, the cups were $1.99 a piece, and the cake plate was $2.99.

 Vintage cake container. Now I'll have to bake a cake! It cost me a whole $2.00!

 Odds and ends. I think the poodles are adorable.

 Lustro Ware salt and pepper shakers. I want the Flour, Sugar, Tea, and Coffee containers to match. I'll keep my eyes peeled! These were $1.00 a piece.

 Marx Happi Time chicken coop. I found it in Appleton, WI at a Goodwill outlet. Those outlets are crazy! You basically dumpster dive with a bunch of other people, and then they weigh your purchase. .89 cents a pound. This tin coop was .25! I looked it up on ebay, and there's an entire farm to go with it. I really want to find some of the chicken figurines.

Milk glass chicken.. Hazel Atlas? I'm not sure. It was $2.00 at an antique mall.

 Old plastic animal figurines (made in Hong Kong). That bloody faced pink cat in the front looks like it just mauled another animal! Yikes!

 Golden Niagara Cream Sugar Corn tin. I liked the graphics.

 Vintage paper towel/foil holder. I wish the outside matched the vibrant color of the inside!

 

So that's it for now. I picked up some more stuffs yesterday and today, so I will post them tomorrow. Please be patient with me, as I'm still tweaking this blog. I used to be really into html back in the day, but I'm really rusty! Happy Thrifting!

2 comments:

  1. Dad said you will be a millionaire in your 70's

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete