Sunday, May 7, 2017

Is my face red?

Finally, Spring is here! It was a beautiful weekend! Tons of rummages, flea markets, and church sales! Yippee! I did have a little incident today at Goodwill, which I will talk about at the end of the post. Now onto some of my finds.

This is my soda bottle collection. My newest additions are the Nehi and Bright Spot bottles. Purty!

I changed my kitchen shelf around yesterday to showcase some of my swanky swigs and drinking glasses. I love the graphics and colors. I just got the Anchor Hocking green polka dot glass on Saturday (I got a set of 3 - $2.00!).

Some Pyrex goodness. I found all of these today at Goodwill. The Pink Gooseberry fridgie was .99, and the bowls came to 9.00 total, but I had a $5.00 coupon, so $2.00 a piece. I already have two other sets of the primary mixing bowls, but I can never pass them up! 

 It's so cute!

A few syrup dispensers on display on my kitchen cart. The two in the center are my newest finds. 

I bought this adorable yellow ducky at a community rummage on Saturday. It was only $1.25. The feathers are plastic, and on the duck's back is an indentation with Easter grass in it.

Another duck that I found - a Dakin Dream Pet. He's in pretty rough shape, but the price was right. Only .50 cents.

Three orange juice glasses.

Also .50 cents a piece. I love Hazel Atlas Moderntone Platonite dishes. Especially the child-sized ones!

My first honey whip jar!

This trio of Gurley bird candles were at the antique mall where my booth is located. I just can't leave that place without snooping around and finding something good!

Another pitcher for my collection. It's not really the prettiest, but for $2.00, I'll take it. 

A red Gilner elf and a tiny Holt Howard Santa ornament.

I've been into the Dutch theme lately.. Isn't this tablecloth pretty?
 
I don't think I ever posted pictures of my retro apple green formica/chrome kitchen table! I bought it at an estate sale back in March for $50.00. It was sitting in the basement, covered in spiderwebs. But with the help of my dad, we cleaned it up really nice! I'm in love with it. 

It really makes my vintage tablecloths look even better too!

So, about the Goodwill incident. I stopped really quick at a Goodwill that's close to my parent's house to see if they had put out anything new. I found the red and green Pyrex bowls right away, and nothing else, until I noticed a cart sitting in the middle of an aisle. I ignored it, and walked around looking some more, and about 5 minutes later I saw it again, still sitting unattended in the middle of the same aisle. I went to check it out. It was full of a few cookie jars and random kitchen items. I figured one of the Goodwill staff members was stocking a shelf. I looked through the items a little more and my eyes almost popped out of my face. I see a Hazel Atlas pink elephants cocktail shaker, complete, in perfect condition, for only $3.99!!! Definitely a dream find! So I put it in my basket. No one was around, and again, I thought it was a cart used to stock shelves with new items. I even went back to the cart to double check it again for something that I missed, and still no one was there! The line to check out was super busy, so I'm standing there admiring my new acquisition, when a guy comes up to me and says that I took the cocktail shaker from his cart, and to give it back. I was mortified!! Of course I gave it back, and I apologized. I didn't think anyone was using the cart since it was left unattended for so long. I mean, really, who leaves their cart full of goodies just sitting there for 15 minutes?? I felt so stupid, and really disappointed. Ugh. I couldn't leave that place fast enough. My face still feels red. :(

It was a pink disappointment day. First the elephant shaker, and then I found a pink Pyrex bowl at another thrift that was destroyed by the dishwasher.. then I found a lovely pink Pyrex cake pan, but the person selling it wanted $20.00, so I said no. And THEN I found these pretty striped pink glasses, and of course, the dishwasher also killed them. Phooey!

No comments:

Post a Comment