Thursday, May 5, 2016

Jackpot - part 2 of 2

Happy Thursday everyone! I'm so happy tomorrow is Friday. It feels like this has been the longest week ever. As promised, here's part 2 of my previous post:

Cute lil single cup coffee pot that my dad picked up for me. The bottom says, "Wear-Ever Aluminum USA".

Hazel Atlas jelly jars. I've had the strawberries for years, but this is my first apple. Now if I could find the ever elusive pineapple!

My dad also found me these amazing horse (mule?) head salt n' pepper shakers that were made in Japan. I'm completely in love with them! He found them at GW, .50 cents a piece!

It's weird that my dad bought me those shakers, when just the day before I picked up this donkey planter!

A Baret Ware tin plate.

 Milk glass apple pedestal cups. 

 Just some odds and ends. The little snowman ornament in front was .10 cents.

 Glass cream and sugar dishes.

 Red, white, and blue Pyrex. Just in time for Memorial Day! 

Pyrex Butterfly gold covered butter dish.

 
 Sweet red Swingline Cub stapler.

Fire King Orange Luster swirl bowl. I got this at GW, and I paid $6.99, which I wasn't happy about. They had two other sizes of the same bowl, but the prices just went up from there, and the mid-sized bowl had a huge scratch on the inside. I settled for just this one. I hated to break up the trio, but the prices were out of control!

Remember that solo Hazel Atlas shaker I found not too long ago? I found it's friend at the same GW a week later! Reunited, and it feels so good!

Very pretty blue and green snowflake pottery bowls. $6.00 for the pair at a rummage sale.

I love to see that U.S.A. stamp on the bottom of things!

The most beautiful Good Luck carnival glass bowl I found at a thrift store. Unfortunately, they knew exactly what they had, so the asking price was $75.00 - and no budging! I kept hemming and hawing, and when I found out there was a senior discount of 25%, I asked my parents if they would stop by and let me use their discount. It came to a total of $60.00. I think it was well worth the money though. You just don't see things like this every day. It's gorgeous!

 My preciousssss... 

 A wind-up carousel Rubens Original planter that plays 'Rock-a-bye Baby'! 

The colors are a little faded, and it took me literally an hour to scrub away the dirt on the inside. But it has a home now.

My dad must be on a thrift kick, because he found me this adorable little grey kitten (made in Japan), and ceramic baby cradle. 

Finally, I found this nifty set of 1950's stackable Christmas mugs at a multi-family rummage sale that was held in a barn. The nice lady gave me the entire set for $1.00! They were in an old box full of about 200 dead ladybugs - yuck!! They also came with a Christmas tree mug hanger, which I felt too lazy to put together for this post. I can't wait to display them for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment