Monday, May 2, 2016

Jackpot - part 1 of 2

Happy Monday! I had a great time up in the Northwoods, but alas, the work week is back upon me! Augh! I have a ton of really cool finds to share with you all. This will probably be posted in 2 parts. I went a little crazy at the thrift stores and rummage sales.

 My Golden Guides collection from my bookshelf up north. I always check for them!

 Rubens planters. I'm so happy I found the puppy!

 Various tins. I like the Ole Virginny Peanut Crunch tin.

I hit the Pyrex jackpot this weekend! The Butterprint mixing bowl was at a thriftstore up north for just $2.00! The Gooseberry dishes were found by my Dad at a Goodwill in Menominee Falls, just as the worker was putting them on the shelf - $7.00 for both! They are PERFECT! Good job, Dad! The lime green pie plate was .99 cents at GW too.

 Hazel Atlas ivy dishes.

 More Hazel Atlas. The teacups and saucers are too cute!

 Vintage bottles. Jo-Jo (chocolate drink), Frostie (root beer), and Paramount (flavor unknown).

 Planters. A made in USA pixie. A grey, Hull (USA) drip glaze, and a minty green Morton (USA).

 Fenton pink tulip and a nifty lil' bumblebee!

 Vintage cook books.

 More cook books...

 
My favorite cook books to find. Really old Wisconsin Electric Power CO. Christmas cookie recipe books! The red book is from December, 1938!!

 Salt n' Pepper shakers. I love the perched parakeet ones!

Cute critters. Deers and orphan kitty and elephants. I think they were separated from the chain to their mothers. Sad!

 Pretty plates. I like the mint green Lu Ray pastel plate.

 Another Depression Era glass cake plate! This one set me back $2.00.

 Fake Jade-ite. It's not marked, but I still love it. Let's just pretend it's Fire-King!

 A 1965 made in Japan wind-up Woodstock. Cost me $1.00!

 Various glasses.

 More glasses...

A beautiful pink McCoy planter that I made my family get up at 8am for. It was at a rummage sale. We were the first ones there, so I snatched these two up. They were only $1.00 each!! But....

When we got back to our property I saw the most horrible chip! I don't remember seeing it when I picked it up at the sale, so maybe the nice woman who wrapped it accidentally did it. Or maybe I was too blinded by pink to see the chip at the time. I'm a little disappointed about the damage, but I can't really be too upset since it was so cheap.

More pottery. The pink one is marked USA. The green art deco planter is marked Garden Club California.

 I don't think it's very old, but I couldn't pass up this adorable kitty planter for $2.00

 A neat ice cream scooper, and a thermometer. 

Old ice pick. It's definitely from Milwaukee - there's an address on the opposite side, and it also says for your ice and coal needs.

 Old dairy farm advertising on a whisk and "Wonder Shredder" grater.

Rose shaker (I plan on putting powdered sugar in it), a glass Hazel Atlas drink mixer, and an boiled egg scooper!

Lovely spring embroidered flower picture. Goodwill = .99 cents.

That's it for now. Stay tuned for part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment