Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Hot in the city

It's HOT here in Milwaukee. Today was 92 degrees, and the next two days are going to be even hotter. I don't know if I'll get around to doing any thrifting in the heat; my car's AC is broken, and it's like driving around in a toaster oven. Yuck. I can't wait until Fall gets here. I know it's bad to say, because it's one step closer to another long, cold winter.. but Fall is my favorite time of year. To hell with the heat! Literally.

Here's some goodies I found this week.

 Frosted blue pitcher and drinking glass set. 

More frosted glassware.. I feel like I'm missing a purple glass, but I looked everywhere at the Goodwill where I found these. No dice.

 
Triangular Inland Glass carafe/pitcher. I usually pass up on these because the gold foil is sometimes in bad shape, but this one was in good condition. It's such an interesting shape too!


 Shawnee pink pottery. 

'Shasta Daisy' glass. I looked it up on ebay.com, and it's listed as a Boscul peanut butter glass. 

Fire King white swirl bowls. I'm not usually a fan of the white glass, but the swirl gives it some extra oomph.

John Middleton tobacco tins. .50 cents a piece at Goodwill.

A chalk-ware fruit trio. The apple is now cracked in half, as one of my darling cats decided it would be fun to push it over the side of the kitchen table. I'm just happy it wasn't the cherry one.

Finally, a Strawberry Shortcake tray. It was .50 cents at Habitat for Humanity ReStore.

No comments:

Post a Comment