Friday, July 15, 2016

Back to reality

Another July vacation has come and gone. Back to work again.. I had a great time last week, though it was hard going back to the grind this past Monday. I had today off, but I have to work Saturday. It's only until noon, but still. It does put a black-spot on the overall weekend. 

I got a ton of great junk while up north (northern Wisconsin). But... I discovered a few accidents when I arrived back in Milwaukee - some of the junk didn't survive the trip home. I lost a really nice Hazel Atlas Tom and Jerry eggnog bowl - all 17 mugs survived the trip somehow. I also lost a cute anthropomorphic ceramic orange bell, and ended up chipping a glass pitcher that I bought. Next time: bubble wrap. Newspaper wrapping just isn't safe enough for the long, bumpy ride home! 

In other news, I'm trying to distract myself from starting to shop for Halloween treasures. I am a Halloween junkie, and I always start to get in the mood around July since some of the stores start putting their stock out. Michael's craft store already has some Halloween merchandise out and I'm trying really hard not to go there and spend money. It's even more tempting to stop at Home Goods and TJ Max - they always have really awesome decorations. I'm already listening to a certain playlist on Spotify... Bauhaus, Oingo Boingo, Concrete Blonde, Siouxsie & the Banshees, London After Midnight.. OK I need to stop. :-)

And on with the happy junk parade:

 Hazel Atlas maple leaf mug and bowl.

 Balky the Donkey has a new friend: Milky the Cow!

Christmas in July. I got a lot of great vintage Christmas stuff since most of the thrifts had a small vintage section set up for the month.

 
Federal glass gingham mug and a Fire King tulip cottage cheese bowl.

 
I got several really nice tableclothes! I'll have to make a post dedicated to them.

 Cutest potholders ever. Ever.

 Baret Ware tray.

Chalkware - doggies and bunnies.

A chalkware rooster. I tried to hang it in my kitchen, but the hook on the back of it is in a really bad spot, so the poor rooster hangs sideways.

And more chalkware.. I love their cheeky expressions.

Lefton pink Christmas bird salt and pepper shakers. They have a few tiny chips, but they aren't very noticeable. I wish I could find some of the Lefton bluebirds.

 Vintage dishtowels.

 Hankies!

 More hankies!

 Metal noisemakers are my newest obsession.

 Tiny Kirchhof clickers.

 The frog clicker is my favorite. But I also like the clown.

 Siestaware mug, and some nifty hammered aluminum drinking tumblers.

 The Pocket Fortune Teller - the first version of the Magic 8-ball!

 Neat cursive replies.

 Green glass measuring cup. It has a small chip, but c'mon, it was .10 cents. 


 
Vintage cookie cutters. I have quite a large collection of them! These are only the ones that I found last week!


 The plastic Charlie Brown ones are cute.

 Salt and pepper shakers. 

Both deers for $1.00? Yes please!

 These make me want to drink some tea!

The only Pyrex I've found lately. I found absolutely no Pyrex worth buying last week - I found these today at the Salvation Army for $2.99 and .69 cents. They cleaned up real purty too.

 The bird graphics are so adorable!

I also found another metal storage cabinet today. It was $6.99 at Goodwill, plus I got a 15% scratch off discount. I also found a brown wood-grain Cosco bar cart today for $9.99 in perfect condition.


Nice little kitchen scale I got at a thrift store for $5.00. 

So, all in all, it was a good haul. What do you think? Happy thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment