Thursday, June 23, 2016

Time flies...

Long time no post. I've definitely been slacking! I hope everyone is having a great summer so far. I've been counting down the days to my week long vacation coming up on Fourth of July week. I can't believe it's almost July! Where does the time go? Anyway, I've been hitting the thrifts and rummages with a vengeance lately, and I do have a large stash of items that I haven't gotten around to taking pictures of. I will post something a bit more substantial hopefully this weekend, but in the meantime here are a few random pictures... including some of my garden! Happy thrifting!

I found this vintage kitchen cart at an estate sale on half price day: $1.50! It was covered in ugly plastic liner, which thankfully peeled off just fine. It turned out to be the most lovely shade of red! My dad had to do some work on the uppermost tier - it was bent and sunken in the middle, probably why it was so cheap. I plan on repainting it when I decide on a color - I'm thinking that I'll keep it red though. I've always wanted one of these carts. It will be nice to be able to do different displays during the holidays!

Just a random picture of my kitchen counter. You can see my collection of old cook books in the corner (and a random Grumpy Cat).

My kitchen corner cabinet. It's full of kitschy figurines and old pottery. The McCoy smiley face planter makes me happy - .50 at a rummage!

A couple of cute tea towels I found - brand new in the original packaging! I washed them, since they were a little yellowed with age. I scared my mom the other day because she started drying dishes with some of my vintage dish towels - OMG MOM DON'T USE THE VINTAGE TOWELS!!!! - Poor thing jumped out of her skin. I'm not the only one who displays old towels that are off limits, am I?

Next to my Keurig there's a definite rooster theme happening. And a fox.. yikes, not a good combo! 

Random donkeys. Sorry the picture is so dark. I have the worst lighting in my house!

I found this adorable embroidered runner at an estate sale for $3.00. I just love the cactus behind the singer.

The bunnies have been munching on my perennials, so the upper corner of the garden bed is a little empty right now They devoured my Reubekia and Yarrow! It's hard to hate them because they are so darn cute, but it's really frustrating knowing that at any given moment they could be ruining my plants!

The whiskey barrels were from my dad. I have to figure out what kinds of plants to put in them, and most importantly, where to put them. My Nasturtium are doing so well. They are one of my favorite things to plant!

 This coneflower is called 'Cleopatra'.

Lilies and Coreopsis.


My favorite perennials are Heuchera (Coral Bells). I collect all of the different varieties!

 My daylily is getting ready to bloom!

My frog statue is getting buried!

No comments:

Post a Comment