Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A relaxing holiday, and lots of nice booty!

I'm back! I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. It was pretty rainy up north, and the mosquitoes were out in full force, but we had great weather for Memorial Day. I bought lots of vintage stuff from various thrifts, rummages, antique stores, and a flea market. The car trunk was stuffed to the max! It'll probably take a few posts to get through it all, so bear with me. 

I managed to score loads of embroidered items. This one was only .50 cents because of some staining. I hope to soak everything this weekend to make them look cleaner. But look, cute peacocks!
 
Orange flower table runner.
 
Pretty in pink. Perfect for Spring!
 
This one is hard to make out. I don't know why they embroidered the birds in white against white..?

Pretty vintage dish towels.

 More vintage dish towels.
 
Yellow flowers.
 
Perfect for a round table.
 
 
Adorable deers! $2.00 at a thrift.
 
Precious kitties. This runner was $3.00.
 
 
Nice vintage tablecloth. The colors work so well together.
 
 
Bluebirds. :)
 
Cute table runner. 
 
An oval shaped Christmas tablecloth. I love the pine needles!
 
Interesting old tin - fleur-de-lis on the side and roses on top.  

Strawberry season is coming soon..
 
The Black Americana salt and pepper shakers were .50 cents a piece. I thought they were cute - Salty and Peppy! I bought them at an antique store - they were really cheap because the owner had accidentally knocked both of their heads off! She did a good job of gluing them back together though. Oh, and I love this yellow tray!
 
Another tin that I didn't need. I have a tin addiction. Anyone else out there with the same problem??
 
 
Miscellaneous stuff. I found several deer figurines this weekend! I especially like the tiny Indian boy. Now I just need some cowboys!
 
 
Lamb planter, plastic lady bug, and a sweet donkey!
 
 
Plastic cookie canister - I wish the silver around the 'C' was in better shape though.
 
I love this green teapot. I picked it up at Goodwill for $3.99. The lid was taped on, and when I got home and removed it I found a chip on the inside. It's still completely usable though. I really need to check items out better - I just get so excited to find stuff I like though!

 
The stamp on the bottom of the teapot.
 
 
I finished the set! I picked up the Chipettes at GW for .99, and Simon at an antique mall for $3.00.
 
 
Carnival glass bowl - my current fruit bowl!


A nifty little apple shaped tin.
 
Enamelware pot. 
 
The cutest fishy pins!
 
Sugar bowl and creamer.
 
Amazing Pink Gooseberry Pyrex that my mom and dad found for $2.00! I also love this yellow tilted ball pitcher - $8.00 at a collectibles sale.
 

Westmoreland plates - I'm missing a few. They are so pretty!
 
Plastic yellow bird whistle.
 
Nice vintage rolling pin and ice cream scooper.

A lone Hazel Atlas green shaker.

I also collect stuff from the eighties! A bright orange Popple (Dunker - and in wonderful condition), a Rainbow Brite sprite, and a new coffee mug - TMNT!
 
One of my cats, Percy, wanted to be in the picture. I call him "Chubb". Yeah, he's a little hefty!

No comments:

Post a Comment